In this blog post I would like to share with you how to make this ‘Just wanted to say’ greetings card.
For this card you will need;
• A blank 6×6 greetings card in white
• Calligraphy ink and Dip pen (or lettering pen of your choice 😀)
• A piece of blank white card stock
• A piece of blank black card stock
• Blue craft foil
• Double sided tape
• Cutting templates or dies for die cutting
• A cutting mat if cutting templates are used
To make this handmade card design;
• Firstly write your sentiment message on a piece of white card stock.
I used an acrylic pearlescent blue calligraphy ink from Daler Rowney and wrote out the words in the copperplate calligraphy style.
• Once the ink is dry cut out the lettering in the shape of your choice.
I used a circle for this card, cutting out the shape with an X-cut handheld cutting stencil (I think that’s what it’s called, I’ve had them for years 😂)
For this design I used the medium sized template and cut around the lettering
You could also use cutting dies for this too, they come in sets of various shapes and sizes also.
• Using the next size up template cut out a slighter larger circle from black card stock.
• Using a thin width double sided tape take a small section and tear the strip in half
• Apply the strips around the edge of the black card to cover a small portion of the edge. This will create a ragged edge around the circle.
• Peal off the backing to reveal the double sided tape.
• Take a piece of blue craft foil and gently press it around the tape in sections until the tape is fully covered.
• Using double sided tape or glue stick the white circle in the centre of the black circle and both circles to a blank greetings card.
I used a plain white 6×6 square card.
And there you have it; A handmade greetings card for a message you ‘just wanted to say’ 😁
I hope you have enjoyed this post and found it useful.
Happy crafting 😊