I’ve recently been nominated for a Sunshine blogger award by fellow blogger Lia.
Lia’s blog covers lot’s of great topics, check it out at the following link; A Southern Girl
Thank you for nominating me Lia, your support means a lot, I hope you enjoy my nomination post 😁
The blog award post answers questions passed on from the person who nominated you, my answers to Lia’s questions are;
- Why did you start a blog?
I’ve been crafting for quite some time now, making my own Christmas cards, Birthday cards for family and friends. I even made all of my own wedding stationary.
I now want to take my crafting to the next step and so my husband suggested I start a blog to share my projects. I also started my Instagram account earlier this year and have been so inspired by all the amazing talent I’ve even started teaching myself Calligraphy and water colour painting. I want my blog posts to be something people can read and be inspired by, to try a new craft, or to know that someone else is having the same frustrations with putting too much ink on their pen nibs or not really sure how much water colour paint to squeeze out of the tube! 😁
- Who is your favorite Blogger?
Thats a tough one, as there are so many great blogs out there, covering so many different topics.
You should definitely check out Lia’s blog.
- Who is your motivator?
A great question, and another really tough one.
In terms of my crafting I follow so many motivational people on Instagram. I love seeing all the different types of crafting and have been inspired to teach myself new crafts as a result.
- When writing a post, do you write it down on paper then type it once it’s been edited and ready or you just type and edit?
I’m definitely a ‘Type and Edit’ kinda girl. I should probably write my posts out in Word or something as I end up going backwards and forwards to different posts to copy links etc, but I prefer to write it out straight into drafts.
I do a bit of planning in the photo stages when I’m writing a ‘how to’ blog, but only really with photo editing.
- I love reading self-help books, do you have some favorites of your own?
I haven’t really read any self help books if I’m honest. I do save a lot of motivational quotes from Instagram and Pinterest though.
- Who is your favorite author?
I do enjoy a good Marian Keyes book. And she’s a Strictly come dancing fan! (as am I 😁)
- About cosmetics, what is your favorite brand and why?
I’m a big Antipodes fan, it really helps my complexion.
- What stores do you tend to find better offers/sales on makeup products?
Definitely Boots (UK Chemist). They have great offers running up to and just after Christmas.
- Who is your favorite YouTube guru? (Live a link for us)
I don’t follow YouTube
- What is your favorite food and drink?
I do enjoy a good Pizza
- What is your favorite restaurant to dine-in?
I don’t really have a favourite, as long as the food is good.
Now to my nominations….
I would like to nominate the following the bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger award;
Jessica at Ever the Crafter
Emma at A Cornish Geek
Jan Dominique at The Scribbling Unicorn
Your nominee questions are…….
- Where do you get your blog post ideas from?
- How did you choose your blog theme?
- Have you been inspired by any other blogs or social media to try a new skill?
- Winter woolly jumpers or Summer t-shirts and sun glasses?
- What is your favourite thing about each Season?
- Bustling City or Open countryside?
Guidelines for your nominee post:
- Write a blog post thanking the person who nominated you – tag and link them.
- Answer the 6 questions you were given.
- Nominate blogs who you think deserve the award – make sure you let them know!
- Create 6 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Have fun & get creative!